This set is designed to be used during the second half of the year. The teacher's guide features objectives, materials needed, and a list of page numbers; teaching instructions are provided in a step-by-step, listed format that's incredibly easy to see and read. Reduced student pages are given with the correct answers overlaid.
The textbook is designed for the 2nd half of fifth grade, and covers decimals, multiplying & dividing decimals, percents, graphs & probability, angles, properties of triangles & four-sided figures, three-dimensional shapes, surface area and volume, and real-life problems. Examples are provided alongside helpful representations and explanatory text; fun games, hands-on activities, math journal, "put on your thinking cap", chapter wrap-up, and review/ test exercises are also included.
The consumable student workbook provides practice, assessment, and skill-development exercises. Each chapter includes "Put on Your Thinking Cap" exercises and often a math journal exercise. Cumulative reviews and an end-of-year review test are also included.
This Math in Focus 5B kit includes:
- Math in Focus Teacher's Edition Grade 5 Part B, 314 pages, indexed, spiralbound, soft front-cover, hard back-cover.
- Math in Focus Student Book Grade 5 Part B, 334 pages, hardcover.
- Math in Focus Student Workbook, Grade 5 Part B, 218 pages, softcover.
- Type: Paperback ()
- Category: > Home Schooling
- ISBN / UPC: 9780547428840/0547428847
- Publish Date: 5/1/2010
- Item No: 33665
- Vendor: Saxon Publishers