Based upon the Singapore method of teaching mathematics, Math in Focus features a problem-based approach that builds on a concrete-to-pictorial-to-abstract progression. Within each grade fewer topics are taught, but at a more in-depth level; visual representations, modeling strategies, and a development of conceptual understanding, place value, and computation fluency help students to understand the "how" behind their exercises.
This set is designed to be used during the first half of the year. The teacher's guide features objectives, materials needed, and a list of page numbers; teaching instructions are provided in a step-by-step, listed format that's incredibly easy to see and read. Reduced student pages are given with the correct answers overlaid.
The consumable student workbooks provide practice, assessment, and skill-development exercises. Cheery illustrations and easy-to-understand text give kids a fun atmosphere to work in. Grade 1A helps children work on counting to 20, ways to add and subtract, plane and solid shapes, ordinal numbers, position words, and measurement.
This Math in Focus 1A kit includes:
- Math in Focus Teacher's Edition Grade 1 Part A, 264 pages, indexed, spiralbound, soft front-cover, hard back-cover.
- Math in Focus Student Book Grade 1 Part A, 278 pages, hardcover.
- Math in Focus Student Workbook, Grade 1 Part A, 263 pages, softcover.
- Type: Paperback ()
- Category: > Home Schooling
- ISBN / UPC: 9780547428765/0547428766
- Publish Date: 5/1/2010
- Item No: 33658
- Vendor: Saxon Publishers