This Student Packet kit contains the Math in Focus books needed by the student in 1st Grade, and includes:
- Workbook 1A, 263 pages, softcover.
- Workbook 1B, 263 pages, softcover.
- Textbook 1A, 278 pages, hardcover.
- Textbook 1B, 318 pages, hardcover.
- Assessments Book, 184 pages, paperback; tests are perforated, three-hole-punched, and reproducible.
Based upon the Singapore method of teaching mathematics, Math in Focus features a problem-based approach that builds on a concrete-to-pictorial-to-abstract progression. Within each grade fewer topics are taught, but at a more in-depth level; visual representations, modeling strategies, and a development of conceptual understanding, place value, and computation fluency help students to understand the "how" behind their exercises.
The consumable student workbooks provide practice, assessment, and skill-development exercises. In the textbooks, cheery illustrations and easy-to-understand lessons give kids a fun atmosphere to work in.
The first semester (1A) helps children work on counting to 20, ways to add and subtract, plane and solid shapes, ordinal numbers, position words, and measurement. The second semester (1B) covers weight, picture & bar graphs; numbers, addition, and subtraction to 100; mental math; calendar & time; multiplication; division; money; and real-life problems throughout all chapters.
- Type: Paperback ()
- Category: > Home Schooling
- ISBN / UPC: 9780547549309/054754930X
- Publish Date: 6/1/2010
- Item No: 159441
- Vendor: Saxon Publishers